Now that the doors of the Careers Service on 5 Tyndall Avenue are temporarily closed, we’ve moved our Welcome Desk online in the form of our live chat service.
On the Careers Service website, between 9:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday – you can speak to a friendly and expert member of the Careers Service team who are there to help with any careers questions you might have. Here are seven things you should know about our live chat.
1. There is no such thing as a stupid careers question. You don’t have to ask a specific question – we can just have a chat about where you’re at with your career planning and what we can offer you.
2. If you’re confused about your career or don’t know where to start – just say, and we can point you in the right direction.
3. On the other end of the chat are a team of friendly and expert careers staff – we love helping students and it’s what we’re here to do!
4. Do you think you need an appointment with a Careers Adviser to help you make decisions? Just ask us and we’ll help you figure out if you need an appointment or if there is another way we can help.
5. We know career paths are as diverse and unique as our students – we can help you with wherever you want your career to go.
6. Got a sector or subject specific question? We can help with this too, and if we don’t have the answer immediately, we can help you look into it.
7. Feedback from students who have used our live chat say it’s “incredibly helpful and really motivating” and “it was super fast, helpful and reassuring at this time (with coronavirus)”.
So, what are you waiting for?! Hop on the Careers Service live chat, we’re looking forward to chatting with you.