As a graduate stepping out into the post-pandemic labour market, it’s a super-stressful time – even if you feel like you know what you’re doing and where you’re going.
We understand! Here’s some good news: as a UoB graduate, you’ll be able to use Careers Service resources for the next 3 years. Even if you’ve never logged on before, take this opportunity to have a look at what we have to offer.
Plus, over the next few months this blog will be updated with posts targeted at you, our wonderful grads, on topics like wellbeing on your job hunt and options outside of graduate schemes. Keep an eye out!
Need a TL;DR for this post? Have a look at our Grad FAQ for a quick summary of our graduate services.
What will you do for me?
We want to support you, so you can get to wherever you want to go. That’s why we:
- offer all of our resources online, so you can access them whenever you want, wherever you are;
- give you access to one-on-one telephone or Zoom appointments with our Graduate Careers Consultant, which can be scheduled outside of working hours – just contact us via Live Chat;
- encourage you to join exclusive Careers Service events and careers fairs with advice from top employers;
and we’ll stay in touch, too. You’ll receive updates by email with useful information and events tailored to the prestigious alumni community you’re now a part of.
If you’re still wondering whether it’s worth engaging with the Careers Service as a graduate, here’s what one successful grad had to say: “The grad service is really nice because they fitted appointments around my busy schedule, sometimes last-minute. Sometimes they were like counselling sessions!”
Feeling inspired? Maybe you’re thinking…
What can I do right now?
We’ve got your back!
- Are you looking for a job? Make use of our vacancies board – we’ve filtered the positions to show graduate-level vacancies, but you can easily change the filters around. While you’re looking, make sure your applications are in tip-top condition with the CV360 tool and cover letter builder.
- Are you looking for an internship? We list internships on mycareer. On top of that, we have our very own internship scheme, relaunching at the end of October, which you can shape around small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Bristol. Check out our guide to the scheme.
- Are you not sure where to start? Here’s some comforting advice from fellow graduates. You could start by taking a moment to reflect on yourself with our career assessment to understand what drives you.
Finally, our amazing Career Ready Course has 3 different pathways designed to guide you to the most relevant resources and information, whatever stage of career planning you’re at.
P.S. If you’re having trouble accessing any of these excellent pages, here is a guide on graduate access to the Careers Website. Still struggling? Contact us on Live chat!