What are Bristol Graduates up to now?
Every year, we get in touch with recent graduates to find out what they’re up to now that they’ve left the University of Bristol. Each year the results reveal some interesting and surprising facts – the most recent survey for 2015/16 graduates was no exception.
In this survey, we heard from 62% of all graduates either online or through our telephone campaign. This included 78% of all full-time, UK undergraduates and 60% of those from the EU.
Here is a snapshot of what we discovered:
This includes full and part time work and study. Other activities include travelling, due to start a job, looking for work or doing something else.
Bristol Graduates love Bristol!
17% of graduates are still living and working in the Bristol area and 34% of graduates who have pursued further study, such as a Masters or PhD, have chosen to do so at the University of Bristol.
What jobs are they doing now?
University of Bristol Graduates go into all sorts of careers, some of which you may expect while others are a little more unusual.
Here are some job title highlights from the 15/16 survey:
- Associate Catastrophe Analyst for Liberty Specialist Markets (Geography graduate)
- Fraud Investigator for Amazon (French and Italian graduate)
- Talent Specialist for Vodafone (Geography graduate)
- Recruitment Strategy Analyst (Biology graduate)
- Drug Policy Researcher for the Transform Drugs Policy Foundation (Philosophy and Spanish graduate)
- Agile Mobile and Web Developer for Theodo UK (Mathematics and Computer Science graduate)
- Specialist Environmental Instructor at a Residential Centre (Zoology graduate)
If you’re graduating in Summer 2017, you will be contacted between November 2017 and March 2018 about completing the survey. Completing it helps us to improve our careers support for current students and recent graduates.