6 Top Reasons to do the Bristol PLUS Award…according to PLUS achievers!

1. Get involved with extra-curricular opportunities 

Maximise your time at university by gaining skills and experience alongside your studies. The Bristol PLUS Award recognises your commitment and personal development in extra-curricular activities such as part time work, internships, student leadership roles and society committees. 

At the start of my postgraduate degree in Bristol, I was keen on engaging in as many extracurricular activities as possible and honing my employability skills. The Bristol Plus Award provided just the right motivation for me to do that.’  – Babatunde Osho, Climate Change Science and Policy MSc 

2.  Stand out to employers  

You’ll make your CV stand out from crowd with the Bristol PLUS Award. Less than 5% of the student population achieve the award each year and it is endorsed by employers, who you can read about on our website! 

3. Make progress with planning your future 

The Bristol PLUS Award can help you kick-start your future plans. Evidence shows that PLUS achievers are more likely to make positive progress in their career planning than students who do not take part: 37% of PLUS achievers record a positive change in their career planning progress compared to 27% of non-award students. 

‘It has been a fulfilling and positive experience, which has given me a much deeper awareness of my future.’ – Katie Ingram King, Sociology BSc 

4. Gain confidence and get support to succeed at interviews 

The PLUS Award will build up your confidence in talking to employers about your experience and your skills, and you’ll also gain confidence and interview tips through workshops and mock interviews.

‘I feel more confident now, having attended the different skills workshops to tackle interviews and to demonstrate the skills I have learnt.’ – Tracy Dinh, BDS Dental Surgery 

5. Formal recognition on your degree transcript and an official certificate  

Your PLUS activities and the skills you’ll develop are highly valuable – the PLUS Award gives you the acknowledgement you deserve for going the extra mile! 

‘Being Assistant Manager, part time, in the hospitality industry certainly has had its challenges whilst studying. At times, it seriously tested my time management , but it enabled me to develop resilience, self-efficacy and leadership.’ – Eoin Condron, Music BA 

6. Try something new and have fun! 

… Perhaps the most important reason to do the PLUS Award! By finding new experiences you could surprise yourself and develop skills you never knew you had. Student satisfaction on the Bristol PLUS Award is excellent in feedback, which means it’s highly likely you will enjoy it! 

‘The Bristol Plus Award has been such a great experience and has pushed me to engage in so many activities within the university and outside that I wouldn’t have even thought about. I can honestly say that my 70 hours experience was some of the most fun I have had. Whilst working as a waitress and being a student rep for the university of Bristol’ – Kemi Talabi, Maths and Philosophy MSci 

Registration is open until 13 February 2022, so take the first step by signing up now for an introductory talk and start your journey to becoming a Bristol PLUS Award achiever!