For some of you, it won’t be long before you’ve completed your undergraduate studies here at the University of Bristol. Whilst a few of you may return to undertake further study, for most of you this will be the beginning of the next stage of your lives. Many of you will have been in education for the past 17 years, so entering the world of work may feel daunting.
Some of you might have secured a graduate career already, whilst others may be planning to study elsewhere. A few will be preparing to travel. Several of you might not have any plans. Everyone has their own unique situation, so we thought it would be helpful to remind you that we’ve got your back!
Take part in Before You Go Week (10 to 14 June), to help you prepare for life beyond university with workshops, a finalist boot camp and Quickfix sessions.
Fill in the BristolGrad2019 survey: tell us what you’re planning to do next. The information you provide will help inform ongoing improvements to careers support for recent graduates and current students. It also gives you the chance to ask for careers support if you need it.
Look our for the BristolGrad2019 stand outside the Richmond Building throughout graduation week. Careers Service staff will be on-hand to advise you and to answer any career questions you have.
The Careers Service is still here for you, wherever you are in the world, for up to three years after you graduate.
- You can take advantage of professional, free, and impartial careers guidance.
- You can book a one-to-one face-to-face, telephone or Skype appointment with a Careers Adviser.
- If you’re not sure what direction you want your career to take, you can get help with career decision making and exploring your options.
- You can use mycareer to look for graduate jobs and internships, including unique roles available only to UoB graduates.
- Paid graduate work experience and funding only for UoB graduates, through our Work This Way graduate internship programme.
- We can help you with your applications, CVs, cover letters and interviews, to help you achieve success.
- An exciting programme of webinars delivered by employers and careers staff running throughout the autumn and spring terms, with themes including: exploring career ideas and finding out about graduate work. experience and career opportunities and employers insights into a range of industry sectors.
- Quarterly email newsletters, providing you with insights into the activities we’re delivering and news from recent alumni.
- Our BristolGrad Careers Service LinkedIn group keeps you up-to-date with notifications about new opportunities.
Full details of the support available to you are on our Careers Service website.
To ensure that you receive the best possible support after you’ve left Bristol, please do take a minute to complete our BristolGrad2019 survey.
We hope that you get the exam results you’re hoping for, that you have an amazing graduation and a fantastic summer!